TERMS OF ACCEPTABLE USE
This is the official page for the Spirit Lake Police Department. This page exists to provide access to information about the Agency, resources for the community, and provide a platform for interaction with the Spirit Lake Police Department according to the guidelines outline herewith. Posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- In Case of an emergency, please call 911
- Do not use this page to report a crime or request contact by an officer. This page is not monitored around the clock and is not a reliable method to report crimes or time sensitive issues. To report a crime, or for non-emergency services, contact our department by calling (208) 623-2701
- If you post information about a crime on this page, you may be publicly identifying yourself as a witness. In some instances, this may result in a subpoena or possibly endanger yourself or others.
- "Friending" or "following" of a citizen or page by the Spirit Lake Police Department or a member of the agency does not indicate an endorsement of that citizen's or page's actions or comments.
- Comments posted by others on this page are not to be considered the opinion of the Spirit Lake Police Department; nor does the Spirit Lake Police Department endorse any third-party commentators on this page.
- The Spirit Lake Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the Spirit Lake Police Department. The Spirit Lake Police Department also reserves the right to hide any inappropriate comments or material posted without removing and/or blocking a user at their discretion (see: Moderation of Third-Party Content)
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
If you are looking for more information about the Spirit Lake Police Department, please visit www.spiritlakepolice.org or contact us at (208) 623-2701
MODERATION OF THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
This Spirit Lake Police Department social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts and/or comments will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content:
- is off subject or out of context
- contains graphic, obscene, or explicit comments or material that appeals to the prurient interest
- contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- contains offensive terms that target protected classes
- is threatening, harassing, or discriminatory
- incites or promotes violence or illegal activity
- contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
- advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, entity or individual. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any person or financial, commercial or governmental agency
- promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
Content posted by persons whose profile picture, username, email address or avatar contains any of the aforementioned prohibited content will not be tolerated.
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW
Spirit Lake Police Department social media sites are subject to public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to agency business, including communication posted by the Spirit Lake Police Department and communication received from citizens, is a public record and subject to all applicable laws.